Wellness & Nutrition
Please see the food program letter attached below.
Please see the notice attached packet below.
We are ensuring the following on campus:
routine cleaning and disinfecting
hand sanitizer, soap, paper towels, and facial tissues are widely available
reminding students and staff to cover their coughs and sneezes with a facial tissue or elbow (not in hands)
if your child is ill, check his/her temperature
remember the importance of vaccines in halting the spread of preventable diseases
have a plan to designate a caregiver for sick children
We offer this advice from the CDC:
1. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in a public place.
2. Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes, etc. with unwashed hands.
3. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol.
4. Cover your coughs and sneezes with tissues; throw tissues away right after use; cough and sneeze into your elbow if you don’t have a tissue.
5. To the extent possible, avoid touching high-touch surfaces in public places – elevator buttons, door handles, handrails, handshaking with people, etc. Use a tissue or your sleeve to cover your hand or finger if you must touch something.
6. If you can’t avoid touching public surfaces - wash your hands after touching surfaces in public places.
7. Clean and disinfect to remove germs: practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces (for example: tables, countertops, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, toilets, faucets, sinks & cell phones).
8. If you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
food handlers card: https://www.efoodhandlers.com/eFoodMain.aspx
USDA Food and Nutrition Website: https://www.fns.usda.gov/tn/local-school-wellness-policy
Congratulations to Mrs. Foote!
She is among only 260 food establishments to receive the Yavapai County’s Golden Plate Award for 2022. The award recognizes safe food handling practices.